Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pop Start- DAY ONE- THE DOORS

I've determined that the song I hear first thing in the morning really affects my attitude through out the day or at least throughout the morning. I've taken to making sure the first thing I hear is in accordance with what I need out of my day. For instance, it shouldn't make me feel ticked off. I won't name names as I am a positive person but eat a burger, get rid of the peroxide, and take some voice lessons. It should make me feel energetic and strike a note in me that puts a little heat under my seat and sets me on my way. I promise not to recommend Bobby McFerrin. I will guide you day by day on a journey with me through the last 5 decades on the most amazing rock, pop, soul music. I am not a mission to educate. I'm not equipped to anyway. I am not going to spend a lot of time on the history of musicians or bands. I just want you to join me in my morning ritual-my morning pop-start.

Today I began with the 1967 hit LIGHT MY FIRE by The Doors. They, being one of the most amazing bands in history,always put me in an electric mood if nothing else. Let yourself be taken away by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw40NMa_0RM

1 comment: